Tuesday, May 25, 2010

LOA Arrived Today!

Yesterday I rec'd notice that my LOA from the Chinese gov't had arrived at my agency's office in Colorado. They FedEx'd it to me...and ding, dong, the doorbell rang around 10:30 am and the FedEx guy was quite surprised to learn that part of his job was "delivering babies"... but he was happy to pose for a quick photo with me for Lia's scrapbook:


Then the sorting and signing of the documents began...



We wrapped this up with a trip to the FedEx office downtown so I could overnight everything I signed back to Colorado.  In the meantime, my Travel Packet arrived via email, so now I get to work on all the travel paperwork and requirements, visa applications, etc. ... never a dull moment these days, but I'LL TAKE IT - another step closer to my girl! 

6 comments:

Taylor said...

Congrats hoping for a speedy TA so you can go get Lia

Taylor said...

Congrats on your LOA hoping for a speedy TA so you can go get Lia!

Maia said...

SO excited for you guys!!!!

Diane said...

Congratulations! I'm Amy's mom and possibly we will get to meet in China.

kitchu said...

YES YES YES! love these pics. i forgot to do BOTH. and my Fed Ex guy was SO cute!!

Gary and Allison said...

Hi there!! You don't know us, but we are also in the China adoption program. We just signed our LOA on Monday May 24th!! We are adopting a special needs little girl also.

Our blog site is, garyalliadoption.blogspot.com. I hope you hear soon on your TA!! Good luck and check us out...I'll be waiting to see when you travel to see if maybe we travel at the same time to China!!

Good luck, and hopes for a speedy travel date!!
~A & G Newton :)