Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What Next?

Several people have asked me "what's next?" as far as my adoption goes...

So for those who aren't familiar with the international adoption process - the immediate task at hand is to start filing security forms and background checks. I also have to gather pretty much every piece of vital stat paperwork that has ever existed on me. Many of these items require fees, obtaining cashier's checks and going in person to government offices. I will start my orientation with my agency CCAI on Jan .5 - then a homestudy will be done - probably in the Jan/Feb timeframe and then even MORE paperwork will be processed and translated. All these items make up what is called my adoption dossier.

Ultimately, the goal is to have my completed Dossier to China (DTC) by April 1. Once my dossier is received in China, it will be assigned what is called a Log in Date (LID). China matches babies to adoptive parents based on the LID - so that is when the real wait begins. Currently they are matching babies with LID's from Fall 2005 - so as you can see - I have a long wait ahead. When I finally receive my baby match it is called a referral. At that time I will likely get a photo and some stats about her - and then wait a few more months to get my travel visa and travel arranged to China. After all of this...I will travel to China for two weeks with a group of parents adopting from the same orphanage, to pick up our babies and bring them home. At this point that looks like it will probably happen sometime late in 2008 - but honestly once all my paperwork is in - it is in the hands of God and the Chinese government!

I am asking for friends and family's support thru prayer about this journey. I know that ultimately God will lead me to the little girl who is my daughter - and I need him to grant me the patience and sound mind during the coming months/years as I await and prepare for her arrival.

If you feel called to help, I would appreciate any kind of donation you can provide to my adoption fund. I will be taking out loans and applying for some grants - so every little bit will help! I realized this weekend that if I could collect just $20 from everyone I know - I could make a huge dent in the adoption fees. So I have added a donation button to this site. For a breakdown of what costs are involved, please see the "adoption costs" link at left...

Regardless - please bookmark this site and visit it often for updates on my adoption progress. I will try to post pictures and additional information as I receive it! Most of all - thanks for visiting and supporting me through on this amazing journey.

No comments: