Friday, April 13, 2007

LID***LID***LID***LID***LID***4-10-07!


Yup - that's right folks! My official log in date (LID) over in China is 4-10-07! HOORAY!

What this means for folks who aren't familiar with the process is:

a) I officially beat the May 1st deadline (after that, singles can no longer apply!)
b) I have an offical spot "in line" as they match babies
c) Now I settle in for a LOOOOONG wait!

Currently they are matching people with LID's in November 2005. So clearly I have awhile to wait. But I'm not letting that get me down - in fact, I am THRILLED that I had the courage to apply last November and therefore got one of the last singles spots available. I feel blessed that God gave me the strength and intuition to DO THIS NOW and not wait.

I am seeing some internet postings from folks who are already complaining about the long wait and ridiculous timelines...but I am bound and determined to keep a positive outlook on this entire process. This gives me LOTS of time to prepare for Lia's arrival, read lots of parenting and adoption books, save $$$ and pay down credit cards before my trip to China!

Though this paperwork process I've had the wonderful support of my entire family and circle of friends. And through this blog have already met some wonderful online friends as well! We're all in this together - and I am so thankful to have all of you in my life!

26 comments:

kitchu said...

YES YES YES!!!!! Congratulations Julie, I am SO happy for you!!!! We are only 6 days apart in LID, so you never know, we might be seeing each other in China... HOW cool would that be???

I'm so dang happy over here!! And like you, I'm keeping a positive attitude, and I'm actually cool with a long wait. As long as I know I'm in line!

Pam said...

congratulations, Julie. I found you from Kris's blog. I pray the wait time will get shorter instead of longer.

Polar Bear said...

Congratulations! Isn't that the best feeling in the world?!?!

Kim said...

CONGRATULATIONS JULIE!!!
I am so very happy for you!!! One HUGE step closer to your Lia!!

Cheers,
Kim Y
DTC 3/12/07 for Megan Jean

~Kristen said...

Congrats Julie!!!

Jeff and Valerie said...

YAY!!! Hooray for you. Fabulous that you are keeping up a positive attitude. My dh and I did as well and we just kept busy going about life.

Congratulations!

Glinda said...

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a person perfected without trials
~~Chinese Proverb

Congratulations on making it through the arduous task of completing your dossier!

Laurie said...

Julie,

SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! Here's to waiting for our girls!

Laurie

C's Mom said...

Kris sent me you way. A million congrats on being LID!

Amy @ TheCottageDiaries.com said...

Congratulations! I should be getting my LID anyday too (and we are with the same agency). It is wonderful to finally be "in line"!

Joannah said...

Congratulations! How very exciting!

I love your attitude about the wait. I hope that it will sustain you when the going gets tough.

:-)

Mom 2 six said...

Congrat !!
I am gald you took the plunge when you did. Keep the positive attitude. It's so worth the wait once you have a little girl in our arms.

Jenna said...

Congrats! Settle in and enjoy!

Emmie said...

Congratulations...your that much closer!
I found your blog through Kris...i look forward to reading about your journey!

Yen973 said...

Congratulations! I found your blog through Kris's blog. The wait may be long, but soooooo worth it in the end.
Dana
www.shealinsworld.blogspot.com

Beth and Shayna said...

YIPPEE! Now you have the date to live by. I am so excited for you.

kitchu said...

Girl... I just can't tell you, seriously, how totally happy I am for you! You were one of the first I connected with on this journey, and you've been such an inspiration with your easy going, positive attitude. I stressed so severely through the paperchase...

Happy to give you props. You totally deserve it! And I SO hope we are in China together one day!

Auntie Tracy said...

Okay - so can I officially start buying clothes now??? The two dresses I bought in Denver don't count....that was just a practice run. The REAL shopping begins! Haha! I am so excited for you - and all of us who will get to be a part of Lia's life! FUN!

Dawn and Dale said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am one of the ones having a "complaining week" this week! lol

Seeing your excitement and reading about how thankful you are to have even made it into this LONG line up helps to put things more into perspective for me!

I really am soooo happy for you!!

Come back to read this post when things get tough and seem like it's never going to come for you!! It'll help you get through another day!!

Blessings from Canada,

Dawn

Andrea said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the wait!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on missing the May 1 deadline. Happy long wait ahead.

M and M said...

Congrats on receiving your LID!!!

Fantastic news!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Julie!!! Your patience has paid off and Lia will be here before you know it. So fun to see you last weekend...

By the way, LOVE the photo of the booties!!! HEHE...
: )

redmaryjanes said...

BIG Congratulations to you! I would love to swap quilt squares with you and will e-mail you tonight.

Deb said...

Happy LID! Congrats!

Mommy Spice said...

Hi Julie,

Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. Congratulations on your LID. What agency are you using? We are with CCAI there in Colorado. We were trying to beat the May 1 deadline as well....whew!!