Sunday, April 29, 2007

Warm Weather and Other Fun Stuff


Hooray! It was 80+ degrees here in Denver today and WOW did it feel great! I'm hoping this officially marks the end of our winter weather and NO MORE SNOW! I am completely OVER the snow (which actually took place as recently as this past Tuesday!) Everyone here says to wait until after Mother's Day to plant outdoors, because you really aren't out of the woods until then. So I'm going to wait a couple more weeks to plant the containers on my deck - but Steve and I did go out to Paulino Gardens (a large nursery) and walk around today in the warm weather and enjoy the sights and smells of spring flowers.

One of my Yahoo groups is starting it's 100 Wishes Quilt exchange this month, which I am excited about. I actually linked a new blog (see under Adoption Links at left) where I am going to post all the squares and wishes I receive for Lia's quilt. I already received the first one! My mom has generously offered to help piece the quilt together once I collect 100 squares (which is wonderful since I have absolutely NO sewing skills!)

I am also excited to start new "virtual" friendships with other April LID'ers through a bib exchange and secret pal exchange in the coming months. It will be a nice way to pass the time and get to know other adoptive parents during the wait ahead.

Another busy work week ahead. It's almost the end of the 2007 Legislative Session, so things are very hectic as we wrap up this week. I'll be happy to take a breather for a few weeks before things get REALLY wild at the end of summer as the hospital gets ready to move out to it's new building October 1. When I first started my job at the hospital, the move seemed so far away, now it is just around the corner.

Hopefully the coming months will fly by as well - bringing me closer to Lia!

4 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Big Smile! I see my squish is her very first and that is great! I like the bib exchange idea, I don't know if I've seen anyone do that before.

Beth and Shayna said...

It was a great day yesterday. Yippee. And I love the quilt squares, they are so great. I would love to be apart of it, as I have two other friends starting theirs at the same time. Let me know.

Laurie said...

Hey Julie,

I just mailed your "squish," so you should get it in the next couple of days! WOO HOO!

Laurie

kitchu said...

Are you doing the March/April one? So hope so! I didn't get through the whole list yet, and my fabric hasn't come in... I'm so glad you're doing it!!