Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Congrats!


CODE RED People!!! Hooray for everyone who is receiving their referral this week! Six LID dates worth of referrals have been confirmed and baby announcements are taking over the blogs - how exciting!

In other news, my friends Dana & Jeff are leaving Seattle THURSDAY for China to pick up baby Mia - they have waited so long and I am so thrilled for them. They are indeed in for a wild - but amazing - ride!

A rough storm came up one night and left a sandy beach strewn with starfish.

The next morning, a child walked along the shore, stopping every few feet to pick up a starfish and fling it out into the sea.

An old man watching the child finally shouted at him, "Why bother, son? There are too many starfish to make a difference."

With that, the boy picked up another starfish and looked at it intently before heaving it out into the sea. Then turning to the old man he said...

"It makes a difference to this one!"

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

Happy news for the new moms and dads!

redmaryjanes said...

I love that story and it is so true.

kitchu said...

What a wonderful week this has been!!

Kim said...

To Lia's Mommy (Julie),
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I couldn't have made it these last few weeks without my blog peeps pulling for me! Thanks again!

Cheers,
Kim Y
LID 3/29/07 for Megan Jean!!

Mommy Spice said...

My friend at Deshing Darling is waiting and hoping. I am hoping for her as well.