Saturday, July 28, 2007

Updates...

So before I moved a few weeks ago, I had received several very cool gifts from friends and other waiting parents - and I never had the chance to photograph them and post about them on my blog. Now that I am finally feeling settled in the new house, I am starting to catch up on my posting!

First of all, be sure to visit Lia's 100 Wishes Quilt page to see all of the new squishes that have been posted. I will try to post some more tomorrow. I have actually received 82 Squishes thus far - WOW! They are so fun and creative. I am excited at the prospect of the beautiful keepsake quilt that Lia will have one day.

My friend Megan picked up an adorable leather ladybug keychain when she was in Italy in May. It now goes everywhere with me, on my keys, just like my Chinese "Love" symbol (which I bought when I was first accepted into the adoption program. I plan to keep both of these items on my keychain until I meet Lia one day. Megan also picked up a cute little porcelin ladybug which now sits on my kitchen window sill.

Meanwhile, a friend from my Yahoo CCAI March/April LID group made the coolest CD to send out to all of us other waiting parents. The first time I listened to it, I cried! The songs are so sweet and so fitting for all of us enduring this long wait. Thanks Shelby for this wonderful collection of songs - and one more memorable keepsake for Lia to have one day.

I have received several other beautiful gifts over the past couple of months, which I will try to photograph and post this week. Thank you so much to everyone for your generosity and positive energy surrounding my wait for Lia - it really does keep me encouraged!


9 comments:

Norma said...

Great presents! I love "Lullaby" by Dixie Chicks.- it has actually been running through my mind the last few days, even tho I haven't heard it in quite awhile.

Unknown said...

Cool present. Im also in that yahoo group but I just joined!

kitchu said...

I so loved that CD from Shelby- incredibly thoughtful of her! I can't believe you're up to 80+ squishes, I think I have 45 or so!!
That is awesome!

Beth and Shayna said...

What great gifts. It helps so much to have people surrounding you with love and encouragement during "The Wait."

Laurie said...

Love the pics!! Especially the keychain...very cool.

Hey - have you read "And Baby Makes Two?" It's about a single who adopts from China, by a woman who did just that! It's a light read - funny for the most part. Especially the stuff about the paperchase...anyway, check it out!

Laurie

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Hi there! I found your blog recently and felt a certain kinship. I am waiting for a Lia as well! My Lia-Rose. We have great tastes in names!(Smile) love your gifts! The CD is wonderful. I will be checking in with u to follow your journey to your Lia! Hopefully our Lia's are happy and healthy together in ChinaB

Yoli said...

Those are beautiful. What thoughtful friends.

Tamara said...

You've been a busy woman! I loved Shelby's CD too. Lets hope the coming months pass quickly and happily.

Tamara

redmaryjanes said...

Those are wonderful gifts! Getting things in the mail is so much fun!