Sunday, August 05, 2007

More cute stuff...THANKS!



My sister is clearly in "Auntie" mode. Some recent fun arrivals from her include a Hello Kitty purse and lunch bag (yes, we realize a lunch bag for an infant is a stretch - but it was so darn cute!) She also threw in some cute bath toys (stuffed turtle and crab sponges) My friend Jen picked up a cute Little Ladybug book, along with a a ladybug bath sponge. The hat & mittens, Elmo shoes, puppy slippers, and shiny white maryjane's were all sent by my mom. Yes, the folks in Seattle are going to make sure Lia is the best dressed kid in town! (I take credit for the Chinese lantern bib - found it online and couldn't pass it up!)



With all the new arrivals, Lia's closet is slowly taking over the "guest room". I've asked friends and family to pass along hand-me-downs, as well as check sales and used clothing stores for sizes up to 4T - so I am already developing quite a collection as you can see. Very few are "infant" clothes, since I'm not sure how big Lia will be when I get her referral, but she certainly will have PLENTY of clothes to wear throughout her toddler and preschool years!



Thanks Yahoo Group friends! In July I received a very cute patriotic "I love the USA" red, white and blue bib from Vicky & family in Florida for the July bib exchange. My Secret Pal sent a giant package for June & July that included an adorable pink/brown zebra stripe tank and cuffed jeans, several "mama & baby" themed children's books, Chicken Soup for the Mother & Daughter soul (for me!) as well as some cute stuffed animals - a duck, a pig, and a black sheep (which actually looks a lot like my schnauzer, Luna!) My secret pal ROCKS!



A past colleague of mine, who is now a colleague of my mom's in Seattle - Dana - was in China this May picking up her darling daughter Mia. While there, she had this Chinese chop (stamp) made with Lia's name and a butterfly on it. What an awesome gift for me to be able to pass on to my daughter one day! The chop also has a rabbit carved into the top of it's handle.



As I mentioned...my secret pal ROCKS! In additon to my June-July "baby" gifts, she (he, they?) also sent a separate "housewarming" gift as they noticed I moved into a new home in July. Three lovely dishtowels and a beautiful asian-inspired plate to add to my kitchen. LOVE the colors! My secret pal also has great TASTE! :)

That's all the fun for now...more to come. Check out Lia's 100 Wishes Quilt page for more postings there, I am slowly getting caught up! I probably have 30-40 more to post. Keep 'em coming - they are amazing and inspire me every day.

8 comments:

~Kristen said...

Wow.. Great Gifts!!! Lia sure will be one beautifully dressed little girl!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing all your stuff!!! I especially love the jeans and zebra print tank -- too cute!!!!!!! More is on the way - just can't resist little things I see. Talk to you soon. : )

redmaryjanes said...

Lia is definitely getting some fabulous gifts! She's going to by stylin for sure.

Beth and Shayna said...

Wow, you have got some amazing things. I think Lia's closet is more full than Shayna's closet! Keep dry in this rain.

Deb said...

All kinds of great suprises! Oh the fun ou'll have dressing her up!

Jeff and Valerie said...

Wow!!! That is a lot of stuff! Lia's closet looks like fun.

Becky said...

Beautiful gifts! Your daughter will be so blessed. Praying things speed up and your referral comes quickly.

K. said...

what great gifts! it's so great that your sister is in auntie mode- mine is, too! it's nice to have people excited about it all!