Monday, January 07, 2008

Doing Well...

Thanks for everyone's concern. My family has been checking this blog and they are truly touched by the concern of all my bloggy friends!

Good news - my dad was released from the hospital today. He is at home with my mom and looking forward to sleeping in his own bed tonight! He is extremely tired, but feeling OK otherwise. My mom went thru the cupboards and threw out any/all "unhealthy" foods they had around the house. Time for a fresh start. He will go back to the Dr. next week for a followup, when they will decide what to do with the other blocked artery(s) (another stint?). In the meantime, he is on strict directions to REST and take all his new medications.

In other news, during all this drama, I am trying to sell my beloved 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon. I decided it was time (and this has nothing to do with the door falling off last summer - LOL!) She's nearing 100k miles, and is still in great condition - but I decided I would rather pay her off, and pay off a few of my higher interest credit cards (which I charged up with adoption fees last winter!) Then I can start fresh with a newer Subaru and just have one low interest car payment. That's the goal anyway. We'll see. I've had two folks test drive it so far. They both want to make a decision an buy a car by tomorrow - so fingers crossed!

Finally - my mini schnauzer Luna went to the vet today. She is OK, but she got into something (perhaps the thorny rose bushes in our yard?) and has a spot that is bothering her under her front right leg. She has been licking and gnawing at it for several days now. So SHE is under direction to have the spot cleaned once a day and then have it sprayed with anti-bacterial, antibiotic spray (at which point I then I have to distract her so she doesn't lick all the spray off...) - so a lot going on around our place these days! 2008 is proving to be another busy year - and we're only a week in...

6 comments:

Email Marketing Yenta said...

I am so sorry that I have been not updating my blogs...I am sorry for all that was going on...but glad things are going much better... oxox

Email Marketing Yenta said...

i mean reading my blogs :) xoxox

kitchu said...

So glad to hear your dad is doing better, please keep us updated on him...

You have had a very busy first week haven't you?!

RamblingMother said...

Glad to know your dad is better.

Beverly

C's Mom said...

All in all...great news.

Hooray for dad and glad Luna just needs a little TLC.

Beth and Shayna said...

I hope Luna is doing better. It seems like when it rains it pours. I hope this week is better for you.