Saturday, January 05, 2008

Prayers Please!

Apparently my dad had a heart attack today. My mom just called me from the hospital in Seattle. I will update everyone when I know more...until then, please keep him in your prayers...


UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. The last update I received from my sister was that my dad had two blocked arteries and that they went in this afternoon and put a stint in one of them. The 2nd one appeared to be clearing itself, so the doctors are going to wait and see if they need go in and put a stint in that one over the next couple of days. He will be in the ICU for a couple of days, then hopefully moved to a regular room and released Tues or Wed if all goes well. He is apparently in good spirits and is trying (in his typical way) to play the whole thing down. I think this had been most stressful for my mom, so please hold her in prayer also. For now it looks like I will not go out to Seattle unless something changes...but these are the times when I wish I lived closer to my family. I really wish I could be there. Even though there really is nothing I could do, I would still like to be there. It seems there have been more and more of those times in recent years. Ugh.

8 comments:

~Kristen said...

OMG Julie... what is with this... Well hoping things are as "good" as with my father. I'll be praying for your dad and your family. Keep us updated.

You are soooo in my thoughts, as I Know exactly what you must be feeling right now :o(

Unknown said...

praying. praying.... please keep us updated

Marcy Dunaway said...

Oh Julie-
I am so,so,so sorry to hear that! I will keep the prayers going strong!
Marcy

Laurie said...

Definitely keeping you ALL in my prayers - hang in there and keep us posted!

Laurie

C's Mom said...

You and yours are in my thoughts. Keep us posted on your dad, please!

~Kristen said...

So good to hear this... Like you said in your email, I hope he takes this as a reason to slow down.

You must be even more worried not being able to be there... but know that he will be okay and I will continue to pray for both of your parents...

Stay in touch... I will be thinking of you. :o)

kitchu said...

Hey Julie... sorry I'm so late to all of this, I am still praying for your dad- I will go check your latest post.

Hang in there.

Beth and Shayna said...

Oh my gosh sweetie. I am so sorry I missed this last week. I saw in your other post your dad is on new meds. I hope he is doing better. Thinking of you all during this time.