Sunday, April 27, 2008

100 Wishes Quilt Update

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day. I got together with my mom, my grandma, and our family friend Flo to discuss Lia's 100 Wishes Quilt. Thus far, I have roughly 140 squares collected, so it looks like we will have enough to do both a full-size bed quilt and also a smaller "baby blanket" for Lia to play with and carry around. My mom has generously offered to take on the project of putting the quilt together. She seems really excited about it. She knows how to sew, but has never quilted. So yesterday we had lunch at the Issaquah Cafe, and then went back to my grandma's condo to looks at the squares, and discuss design and next steps for starting the quilt.


My grandma's cat, Sweetie was curious about what we were doing, and seemed interested in being social, yet when I tried to get a picture of her - she ran behind the dining room table. She definitely earns her name though :)


The view from my grandma's balcony is spectacular. Especially with yesterday's beautiful weather. You can't tell in this photo, but paragliders actually take off from one of the "bald patches" on the mountains across the way. It's fun to watch them float down from the sky into the meadows below.


Thanks grandma, mom and Flo for a very fun day!

7 comments:

K. said...

What a special day! How lovely it will be to have your Mom make the quilt. I will look forward to seeing it when it's finished.

Maia said...

How cool!! I love to see the generations come together for a project like this.

Kristy said...

What a special day! Never ever take it for granted that you have your grandmother. I lost my Granny and Grandma 4 weeks apart to the day 6 years ago and I am so envious but happy for you at the same time. Have a blessed week.

Love and blessings, Kristy

Beth and Shayna said...

What a great time with the women in your life! And how incredible to have so many quilt squares, I am so jealous. I cannot wait to see the end product.

Betsy said...

What an amazing gift for Lia! I know your family is so very happy that you are back in Seattle!

redmaryjanes said...

That is wonderful. 3 generations are woking on her quilt.

Mama Melissa said...

Have fun with that quilt! It'll be awesome to see how it comes together!!!

Melissa