Sunday, May 04, 2008

Quattro de Mayo!

Today my mom & dad hosted the extended family for a "Quattro De Mayo" get together. My grandmother, aunt, uncles, cousin and sister all attended - along with myself, Steve, the dogs. The purposed of the party was to gather everyone together for some good food and do an early Mother's Day tribute, as well as a celebration of my birthday (which is tomorrow). It was a lot of fun. Of course we did a Mexican theme so tacos were on the menu:



Also, my sister and my cousin were each kind enough to bring me gorgeous birthday flowers:



My aunt made an angel food cake and brought an array of toppings. I chose to top mine off with strawberries, raspberries, chocolate cool whip, and dark chocolate shavings! YUMMY :)


The weather was really nice, so my mom pulled out the patio furniture. My parents live on a greenbelt, so it was a lovely backdrop. Here are my sister and Steve enjoying the sun and getting wild with bottled water and Diet Coke (lol).


A sunny day with family and great food...what more could a girl ask for on her birthday?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that cake looks SUPER good!!!! Wish I could've joined my 2nd fam for the celebration...been battling the flu bug for over a week and I'm SOOOO over dealing with it. Glad you had a great day and seriously...I'll have to request that angel food cake from your aunt when I'm with your fam next time. hehehe!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Chantele said...

Happy Birthday!!

(that food, especially the dessert looks YUMMY!!)

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Birthday Julie!! It looks like you had a great day!

~Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Julie!!!

I hope you had a wonderful day...

Roy and Lori said...

Happy Birthday!!

Betsy said...

Mmmm... cake with fruit and chocolate! Can you send a slice back to Denver? Miss seeing you, and I hope your birthday was super fantastisch!

~verna said...

Hey, a little birdie told me it was your birthday! Hope you had a great one. Looks like you did from the pics!

Laurie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So glad it was a great day! :-)

Dannye said...

happy belated birthday...red mary janes told us about it...thought I'd drop in and wish you the best albeit a bit late...but nonetheless sincere...

Beth and Shayna said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like a fun fiesa and I hope you had a great day and many margaritas!!!

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

"Happy" - "Happy" - " H A P P Y " Days baby! It was a great Birthday weekend and the Birthday week continues! XoXoXoX : )

Jeff and Valerie said...

Well happy very late B-day to you. What a lovely party you with family! Even the dogs got to go ... lucky them.