Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sick

Ugh. Steve's allergies got better, and mine got much worse as we moved through the month of May. Something brutal is in bloom in Seattle and I'm not sure what (actually, everything is in bloom and that's likely the problem!) I went to the doctor two weeks ago to get prescription allergy meds, only to find out that my new health insurance (thru my new job) doesn't kick in until June 1 - and with my Rx's costing upwards of $150, I had to put them on hold. I am so happy that tomorrow is the 1st...believe me, I will be first in line at the pharmacy! The past couple of weeks I've been getting by with over the counter drugs and by using a neti pot every evening before I go to bed.

Then Thursday night I started not feeling so good in general. Steve made dinner - grilled up some chicken and veggies - one of my favorites - and I couldn't eat more than a couple of bites. I woke up around 4 am with horrible stomach cramps. Like an idiot, I went to work yesterday (hoping the stomach problems would go away) and by 11:30 had to leave work and come home for the day. A beautiful, sunny Friday afternoon off work and I spent the entire day either in the bathroom or in bed. UGH. I had a fever and everything. Blah. Steve went out to the store and got me some Pepto and chicken soup. By 7 pm, I was able to force down the soup. By 10 pm I felt on-the-mend - and today I feel fine. So it must've just been some kind of 24 hour flu bug. I haven't had that kind of thing in years (and hopefully WON'T again for many more years!)

Long story short - my plan is to lay low this weekend and stay healthy!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

You poor thing...feel better! :-)

kitchu said...

Glad you're already feeling better, what a drag- I hate stomach bugs!

C's Mom said...

Ugh..I hope you're perking up even more by now!