Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009...Bring it On!


Cool photo, eh? This is a pic of the Times Square ball drop 1907! When I saw it, it reminded me that this has been happening for decades - over 100 years in fact... Which means everything that is going on today - globally, nationally, locally, even within my own family and friends - is temporary. Upset about something? This too shall pass. Life goes on. C'est la vie, Carpe diem...etc., etc. It is comforting in many ways...
The truth is, we have the power to determine our tomorrows. With our thoughts, our intention, and our faith. One of my favorite quotes is: Thoughts become things - choose the good ones! So rather than make any "resolutions" per se this year, I am going to choose positive thoughts and positive outcomes, and stick with them, regardless of outside influences and other people's input. We don't always know how our dreams will become a reality. Many times, the harder we try to "control" a situation - either by acting, or simply worrying about it - the more negative energy we actually send out into the universe around us - therefore deterring what we actually WANT as an outcome.
Four years ago I could not have guessed Steve and Killer would bring such amazing joy to my family and my everyday life, or that I would be waiting for the referral of my child from China. One year ago, I could only hope that that we would be welcoming our first African American President into office, and I couldn't have imagined that I would be living in Spokane, or working for an adoption agency, or living in such a lovely house on a park (in 60 inches of snow!) Some parts of my life now are things I dreamed about for many years...others I could not have foreseen in my wildest dreams - and that, my friends...is life.
Here's to more dreams coming true in 2009. Cheers to everyone!

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Great post!

Unknown said...

Very cool!

happy new year!

Betsy said...

You rock! Here's to many more happy moments and positive experiences in 2009.

Laurie said...

You are right...excellent post. Here's to a wonderful 2009!

Tracy Dart said...

Happy New Year Sissy! xoxo!

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

Cheers & our best year yet! XOXOX

Kristy said...

Julie this was an amazing post! I have been thinking about you all week. On our local news there has been so much coverage on the snow in Spokane. I hope you are staying warm and that God is protecting you always. Have a great weekend.
Love and blessings, Kristy

C's Mom said...

Happy New Year to you and yours!