Monday, December 01, 2008

Moved in...sort of...


Well, we made it to Spokane on Friday. A little bit later than planned, but all in one piece. Turns out the weather gods decided that Thanksgiving would be the perfect time to bless Spokane with it's first snowfall of the season...so surprise, surprise...we arrived to about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground Friday night. As you can imagine, this made for a somewhat sloppy, slushy move-in. The guys FINALLY had the truck unloaded around midnight on Friday. LONG DAY.
I've posted pix previously of the front of the house, but wanted to show you the back as well. As you can see, it is very cute, with a lovely sunroom (a.k.a. my new office!) off the back. So far, I absolutely LOVE this house. I've never felt so "at home" so soon after moving into a place. It just has a coziness about it that none of my other places have had.
The dogs are settling in to their new digs. Luna is busy sniffing every inch of the new house, top to bottom (as only a schnauzer can!). Killer is already determining which areas (once organized) will be the best for chasing his toys.
Tonight Steve and I will put together my new desk and hopefully get me a little more set up in my home office. Today, the home office consists of my laptop, and my lap! LOL.

5 comments:

Megan in Denver said...

Be careful and don't leave your laptop on your lap! Use a table instead. The Apple guys said that's why my hard drive died -- because of too much head from my lap.

That advice could've saved me the agony of losing ALL of my music and ALL of my pictures. :)

~Kristen said...

You truly always find the cutest places to live... I'm so going to consult you before my next move!!!

WELCOME HOME!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on the new digs!!!!! Looks like an adorable house...can't wait for an eastern wa roadtrip!! You're in WSU Cougar territory now...YAY!!!! Give Luna loves from me.

Unknown said...

that is totally the cutest place

Tracy Dart said...

Glad you are settled and glad you feel at home. And thankfully you are not next to the runway - and hopefully your landlord won't do "drive by's" like your last one. Ha ha! I 2nd Jennifer's idea..roadtrip soon...or maybe after the weather on the pass gets better. Give "Luna Tuna Fish" a belly rub for me!