Saturday, January 17, 2009

A New Year, A New Me...

I got my haircut and highlighted today. I hadn't had this done since September. Lord knows it was WAY overdue! I scaled way back on the color this time (trying to get back to my "roots" LOL). So I present to you - the before and after photos:

BEFORE:

AND AFTER...



Much better, right?

In other news, the radio station where Steve works allows a different listener to come in each Saturday night and "host" for two hours, playing whatever music they select (within the station's format - adult album alternative). So the person who was supposed to host this week's show bailed at the last minute, and Steve called me in for backup... Being somewhat of a music freak, I thought this would be fun. Let me tell you - being a radio DJ is a LOT harder than it sounds! It's hard to remember all the things you need to say in between songs and coming out of commercial breaks, etc and not fumble your words. It gave me a whole new appreciation for Steve's job. I already knew that he worked hard and that his job took a lot of energy, creativity, and attention to detail...but I had no idea. It was really fun to try something new and to share a little bit of myself and my favorite music with folks. I even did a little dedication to "my daughter in China", which was very cool, and I even got through it without getting weepy - YAY!
*NEW UPDATE* - Listen to me dedicate a song to Lia - HERE
P.S. - A big CONGRATS to Stephe, who met her gorgeous baby girl in China this week! Once again proving this long wait it worth it...

6 comments:

Beth and Shayna said...

Love the new look! And good luck tonight. I hope I can stay up to listen. If not, put a link on your blog.

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

Yea Baby! You ROCKED the station baby! Great Job!!!

Tracy Dart said...

Super cute hair! I like the color. You did great on the air. good job!

Jenna said...

Really cute cut!

C's Mom said...

You look fab!

Betsy said...

Awesome hair and I love the darker color!